With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, there’s no better time to brush up on your Kama Sutra skills! From the best sex positions to guides which tell you everything you need to know about the ancient Indian book, below is a great guide to help get you started.
What is the Kama Sutra?
The Kama Sutra is the oldest surviving Hindu text on erotic love. It covers sexuality, eroticism and emotional fulfilment. In the modern world we know it as a book full of sex positions but it was originally written as a guide to the art of living well, the nature of love, finding a partner, maintaining one’s love life and other aspects pertaining to pleasure-orientated faculties of human life. You can read more about it’s history by following this link: https://www.ancient-origins.net/artifacts-ancient-writings/kama-sutra-setting-record-straight-009018
If you decide to buy a Kama Sutra book, the contents will of course vary but typically, you may find the following content included:
- A brief history of the Kama Sutra
- Kissing techniques
- How to communicate during lovemaking
- Beginner, intermediate and advanced sex positions
Why purchase a Kama Sutra book?
There are so many reasons why you may want to add the Kama Sutra to your book collection. Maybe you’re looking to spice things up with your partner, you feel the spark is gone, the spark is still there and you want to keep it there, you fancy trying something new or you simply don’t know what else to get your other half for Valentine’s Day.
Trying out a few Kama Sutra positions can even benefit you in a number of ways including:
- It brings you and your partner closer together
- It opens up opportunities to discuss things you do and don’t want to try out
- Frequent sexual activity is linked to a number of physical benefits including reduced blood pressure, an improved immune system and believe it or not, it can even reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, if you don’t believe us check out the NHS website - https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-health/benefits-of-love-sex-relationships/
- There are also emotional and health perks including reduced stress, greater intimacy and lower divorce rates.
With so many different guides available, you will easily find something that appeals to both you and your partner.
What if I’m a beginner?
Kama Sutra positions have a bit of a reputation for being pretty out there. Fear not however. It covers such a wide range of sex positions you don’t have to worry about finding the ones you’re comfortable with. You’ll soon be familiar with the City Dweller and Pitcher, to Queen of Heaven and The Broken Flute!
Enhance your Kama Sutra experience
Once you’ve decided on the sex positions you want to try, why not enhance your Kama Sutra experience by adding some products into the mix? LoveSlinky has a special Kama Sutra range which comprises of everything from body powders, intensifying gels and lubricants to massage oils, body oils, bath salts and travel packs which are perfect for those romantic getaways.